Here are the details:
- Funding may be spent on consumable student-grade art supplies, artists' fees, honoraria for Indigenous Elders or Knowledge-Keepers, and other approved supplies and materials.
- Projects must be completed during regular school day classes (no after school programs, lunch hour programs, counselling/art therapy sessions, etc.). These Microgrants are intended to support classroom teachers teaching visual art classes to students during the school day.
- Project(s) must be completed by June 30th, 2021.
- Applicants who receive funding will be asked to send the MAAE a summary (this can be as short as a paragraph, and as long as 300 words) about the project(s) or artworks completed using the funds, and include between 3 and 5 photos of the process and/or final projects (no faces please) due no later than July 15th 2021. This will be posted on our website!
- Applicants will collect receipts as funding is spent. No purchases on school PO's or through school accounts please. Please send your receipts to the MAAE by July 15th, 2021.
- Accepting applications now. Application will take minutes to complete online. Approved grant recipients will know of their status from the MAAE Grant Awards Committee within one week of the receipt of completed applications.